Thursday, January 28, 2010

Goal Charts and Calendars

Many of us use goal charts and calendars as a way to gage and motivate positive behaviors as well as keep record of our childrens activities.  Recently, I decided to make calendars for each of my children as a way to track the approach of Santa's visit in our second language.  It worked so well, I decided to continue this approach, and the children have memorized the days of the week along with the numbers really well.  So, I decided to continue this method of motivation, and incorporated a goal chart along with each new month.

In a nutshell, I am exposing and reinforcing the children's knowledge of the days and month, as well as specific desired behaviors in Greek (or whatever second language is being taught).  So far, it has been a very easy and fun way of interactive learning.